Happy birthday Queen Maxima 2020 Wishes, Photos, Video, Songs, Cake, Party, Celebration
Happy birthday Queen Maxima!!!!
Queen Máxima of the Netherlands (born 17 May 1971) is the spouse of King Willem-Alexander. On 30 April 2013, she became the first queen consort of the Netherlands since Emma of Waldeck and Pyrmont (queen consort from 1879 to 1890) and the first Argentine-born queen consort in the history of the Netherlands.
The couple announced their engagement on 30 March 2001; Máxima addressed the nation in Dutch (which at the time she only spoke to basic conversational extent) during the live televised broadcast. Máxima was granted Dutch citizenship by a royal decree on 17 May 2001 and now has dual citizenship: Argentine and Dutch.The engagement was formally approved by the States General later that year—a necessary step for Willem-Alexander to remain in line to the throne.
Máxima and Willem-Alexander were married on 2 February 2002 in a civil ceremony in the Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam, which was then followed by a religious ceremony at Amsterdam’s Nieuwe Kerk (“New Church”).She remained a Roman Catholic after her marriage.
Máxima’s parents were not present at the wedding; her father was told he could not attend due to his role as a cabinet minister during the National Reorganization Process, and her mother chose not to attend without her husband.
The King and Queen have three daughters:
- Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, born 7 December 2003 at HMC Bronovo in The Hague.
- Princess Alexia, born 26 June 2005 at HMC Bronovo in The Hague.
- Princess Ariane, born 10 April 2007 at HMC Bronovo in The Hague.
Máxima is also godmother of:
- Countess Sophie Philippa Máxima Walburga Marie of Waldburg-Zeil, born 29 June 2000.
- Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway, born 3 December 2005.
- Countess Leonore Marie Irene Enrica of Orange-Nassau, born 3 June 2006.